Space may be full of homeless planets

By Archean
Jun 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 616

That wasn't really expected to be honest... Very nice to see that mr. Einstein has had another theory proven. Or at least, not totally dismissed.

What's even more funny is that both in the article and in Archean's post, there are references to "stars with no home stars".

Even in a bold font over at the article :D .
  2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 6,038   +72

Post withdrawn/duplicate
  3. Archean

Yup, I am still trying to figure out 'who theorized stars with no home stars' :confused:.

But anyway, we know that its a typo, which shouldn't have published if they had put little more effort in 'proof reading'.

Also I think it can be possible too because, if two galaxies bump into each other, there is a chance many stars may be thrown out from the new galaxy, hence they too will become 'homeless'.
  4. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 616

Oh? I thought the centres would form a super-black hole => making sure that nothing escapes at all?

But now that you mention it... yeah. I never thought about it that way.
  5. Archean

Centers would probably merge, as many current models of M31 and Milkway's collision show that. But the same models also show that depending on the position of our solar system, the whole system will be chucked out of the merging galaxies.
  6. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,575   +47

So there could be planets that attach to no galaxy, as well as no star? Even more, there could be alot of planets out there acting as, say, an asteroid or other object, with no orbit, just driffting in an 'endless' void.

Very interesting stuff, Archean :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.