TechSpot

Speaker & Headphone Problem

By 1bellb
Jun 21, 2009
  1. Hi, I recently just re-installed Windows Vista on my Sony Vaio Laptop and it took ages for me to find all the drivers for it but say im listening to music online or watching a video on youtube and I plug my headphones in the Laptop the sound wont work, but if I refreshed the Webpage the sound will start working. It is the same with the speakers when I unplug the headphones, Does anyone know what is causing this.
    Thanks
    Ben

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,944   +167

Be sure to upgrade Vista to Service Pack 2

3. 1bellb

1bellb TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 107

Its already on Vista Service Pack 2

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,944   +167

That's funny... you didn't mention that you were running Vista Service Pack 2 in your first post. Did this laptop have XP on it originally?

5. 1bellb

1bellb TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 107

No it was purchased with Vista on it, I had a couple of problems with software before so I re-installed Vista, I then installed all the drivers and did all updates but I am having this problem when listening to music or watching videos online.

6. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,374   +167

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.