Speaker recommendations?

gamingguy27

Hello,

I've just invested in a Asus Xonar D2X, at the moment i've got the Logitech Z2300 speakers.

Can anyone recommend some new speakers? I've got a £300 ish budget. I was thinking of the Z5500 maybe?

Regards.

Alex.

Holy smokes £300!...I paid £40 for my logitech X530's, and i'm more than happy with them. :D

But if i did have that sort of money to spend, the Logitech Z-5500's look like a fantastic choice i think.

Another vote for the Logitech Z5500 setup here as well.

But personally, I don't see the point in a 5.1 setup for my needs, so I'd be more likely to consider a good 2.1 setup, like these which are on my next to purchase list.

haha, once u go 5.1 , u cant go back.....its cool, movies sound awesome, and games are more fun with surround sound

haha, once u go 5.1 , u cant go back.....its cool, movies sound awesome, and games are more fun with surround sound

Oh I know that, we have full surround sound along with our 36" TV, but I'd never use surround sound at my desk on my PC, mainly because there is nowhere to mount rear speakers behind me.

Oh I know that, we have full surround sound along with our 36" TV, but I'd never use surround sound at my desk on my PC, mainly because there is nowhere to mount rear speakers behind me.

yeah well it really depends on the room where u have ur pc.. like i have my pc in my bedroom, and i dont share the room with anyone, so i can place the speakers wherever i want and can make as much noise as i want :p

Thanks for the input, I think the z5500 are difficult to beat - I haven't seen a bad review.

Do you still think they're worth it - considering I've got the Z2300?

I'm surprised logitech haven't bought out a replacement for them, aren't they a few years old now?

Regards.

yeah well it really depends on the room where u have ur pc.. like i have my pc in my bedroom, and i dont share the room with anyone, so i can place the speakers wherever i want and can make as much noise as i want :p

Yeah I guess I'd consider them if I had walls nearby behind me. I could never be that close to the wall behind me though, and currently occupy one whole corner of the living room (though its a very long living room).

I use the surround sound for everything on the TV though, as it makes a huge difference when watching the majority of TV and movies. :)

Another vote for the Logitech Z5500 setup here as well.

But personally, I don't see the point in a 5.1 setup for my needs, so I'd be more likely to consider a good 2.1 setup, like these which are on my next to purchase list.

I know what you're saying here. I have the 2.1 Logitech X530 setup which i love...The 5.1 can be rewarding for some little things, but i'm not fussed.

Thanks for the input, I think the z5500 are difficult to beat - I haven't seen a bad review.

Do you still think they're worth it - considering I've got the Z2300?

I'm surprised logitech haven't bought out a replacement for them, aren't they a few years old now?

Regards.

yes they are a few years old ...u should buy them if u want surround sound , and a better subwoofer... theyre THX certified, i dont think they can be improved in the same price , hence logitech hasnt come up with a replacement yet :p

Back