Speaker trouble

By FaCt0R
Jun 13, 2008
  1. K well i just got a new computer and a new monitor so the computer comes with 2 speakers and the monitor has 2 speakers that are built in so i figure that i will just use all four but for some reason even though i can plug them into the two different plugs at the same time whichever one i plug in second works. I can get either set to work but not with the other one at the same time and i was wondering if anyone could help me set it up. (vista btw)

Thanks for the help
  2. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

Well, depending what kind of audio devices you have downloaded.

You may be able to do this or something similar. go to Start -> control panel -> sound effect manager (if you have realtek) -> Speaker configuration -> set the audio output settings for where you are plugging in the 2 sets

For example mine is set to 2 channel as I only have 1 thing plugged in to line out and that is my amp. If you set to 4 channel then it will change and will tell you which to plugs should be used for 2 sets plugged in. As you can see in my configuration green is line out. if you change to 4 channel blue switches to also be a line out. In 6 channel they are both line out, and orange is for your sub.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.