Spec-by-spec: How the new iPhones stack up to the competition

By Jos
Sep 10, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple’s iPhone event marked a slight shift in the company’s ongoing strategy for new releases. Instead of announcing a new device and lowering the price on the previous generation, the company introduced two new phones: one flagship and one aimed...

Read more
  2. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Booster Posts: 204   +28

Who writes these articles? How is a Iphone 5c targeting budget mined consumer at $100.00 down and a balance of $450.00
    You can buy phones on almost any carrier outright for $100.00
    I like how every year the Iphone cost $100.00 more
    treeski likes this.
  3. mctommy

mctommy TS Booster Posts: 188   +30

Every year the same iPhone cost $100.00 less... which is a big whoop.
  4. MrBungle

MrBungle TS Booster Posts: 151   +67

I think phones are reaching a point where like PCs everything is "good enough"... What is the point of a higher resolution camera when it can already capture more pixels than exist on any screen or can be printed by any printer the average person has? What is the point of a faster processor when your apps run fine? Some have a need for more storage but this too has its practical limits. Sure there are always outliers but I think there isn't really much that is lacking in current generation phones, the market is mature, next years phones will be the least exciting yet.
    mctommy likes this.
  5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

'Budget' iPhone is -$100. So... how much will iPhone 5 cost? -$150? :\

The specs on paper look pretty damn sad. But what surprised me most out of everything was Bluetooth 3.0 on the Lumia!
  6. You are all missing the big picture here about the new Iphone, IT COME IN GOLD COLOR!!!!
  7. teddy bear

teddy bear TS Rookie

do you think wp 8 need bluetooth?

lumia is a perfect phone without wp8.
  8. Codepimp

Codepimp TS Rookie

No NFC must be bad Tech..
  9. 63Jax

63Jax TS Enthusiast Posts: 84

This was suppose to be the cheap one, lol! they really did it, greedy bastards!
  10. I love how people can say this

Bull. If Apple was leading in that specific category, they would exploit it. No? What about "Panoramic" pictures, which I was using for years on a non-Apple phone before they caught up. Dual flash goes a long way? Are you kidding me...if some one is buying a camera because the "Dual Flash goes a long way" instead of the Nokia phone with a 41Mp camera...they're mental image stabilization needs to be corrected.

The advances that Apple is making software-wise seems to be outpacing their advances hardware wise. Close friends & family have had the iPhone for years, the only compliments I hear are on the software side, not that the screen looks "So much sharper", or "It's 1/100th thinner". The usability is what is noticed, not the dual led flash.

Oh and for the comment:

If you're going to mention the word generation, then you should probably know the generation of frequent "New iPhone customers" ranging from 8 years old to 28 years old will want nothing but the "Best of the best". Thus resulting in "There's never ANY problem with my phone" then a new 5S comes out and the argument is changed to "There are SO many problems, I had to buy the new one". Hence Apple making so much cash EVERY time a new one comes out, which is simply genius on their part due to the brain-wash style marketing. You can't knock the hustle! *nerd*
    mosu likes this.