TechSpot

Speech recognition not working

By davathome
Mar 28, 2009
  1. I have RealTek HD Audio on a HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop with Vista Home Premium. I have had Dragon Speaking Naturally installed for six months and it was working fine, but haven't used it for about two months. When I try to open it now I get a message that it couldn't find a multimedia card and that I should check to see if the wave-in component worked.

I checked for drivers and the site reported that I had current drivers. I checked the Speech Recognition section of Vista's control panel and it tells me it can't find the hardware. I check the Audio section, and the RealTek HD device checks as "working properly". I check the RealTek HD Manager and everything looks just fine. I tried resetting to "default" with no help.

I get sounds and music with no problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Dragon with no change.

Ideas anyone?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,927   +167

Your PC may be infected wth viruses or other malware

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.