TechSpot

Speech recognition

By rev_olie
Dec 5, 2008
  1. This question is probably not asked very much but what is the best speech recognition software?
    I'm using windows Vista at the moment but i was just wondering if there were any other types of speech software around
    Thanks

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

i seem to remember a review in PC world last year. i also seem to remember some program with "dragon" in the title being recommended.

I'd go to PCworld.com and look at past articles.

3. Munckis

Munckis TS Rookie Posts: 19

I believe that it's called "Dragon Naturally Speaking", and I've heard good reviews about it.

4. rev_olie

rev_olie TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 598

hmm i havent heard of that before, i watching a demo of it now and it loos good so cheers guys
    :)P i wrote that with speech recognition hehe)

5. Munckis

Well aparently what you're using at the moment isn't doing to bad for ya then. :)

Jerm

6. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

I would have thought a speech recognition program would be smart enough to write "I" instead of "i" and use apostrophes.

7. Munckis

well it is vista after all and we all know it's not perfect :p

8. rev_olie

rev_olie TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 598

I’m still training it to recognise my voice as you can see it’s already starting to recognise me but some things aren’t coming out quite well enough for me to use everyday but it’s getting there so vista is not all that bad… I don’t think. Also learning advanced commands seems to be working more than simply making it up on the spot obviously. Thanks for the help guys some good points but let’s not turn this into a vista argument unless you want to of course (all done with vista again i love this well apart from corrections takes a while but it's getting there)

9. Munckis

Well I'm glad to hear somethings working for ya. No vista argument here :p. I still need to take the time to train mine and see how well it works for my situation. Have a good one!

Jerm

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.