Speed not right, SSD RAID 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to use two 30GB 230MBps SSD's in RAID0 and after much difficulty with windows installation and other issues its now running but, I am only getting 122MBps read. I have all my drivers in order and I am using a quad core amd 2.8GHz cpu and the gigabyte 880ga-ud3h board. Any ideas?

Owing to the bandwidth bottleneck of the bus they connect to, DRAM SSDs cannot read and write data as fast as main RAM can, but they are far faster than any mechanical hard drive.​
In other words, the DMA transfer rate of your system is the limiting factor for all devices attached.

When I was using a single SSD I was getting data rates of 195MBps. Why would RAID0 be slower?

And what do you mean DRAM? They are NAND

single device vs raid-x has extra overhead to manage the extra device(s) so I would expect
some loss.

the ref to DRAM was a quote from a wiki; yes I saw you have NAND devices, but the overhead of raid-x and the limit of DMA transfer still apply

Ah, so perhaps I should have done a little research before I went out and bought two SSD's then. This sucks.

find a tool to test HD raw read write performance and try that on your Raid-0 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back