Speed up zalman fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranq

Will plugging my Zalman CNPS7000B on my lga 775 cpu directly into my motherboard speed it up rather than having it on the fan mate (fan speed controller that comes with it)? I have it on full speed right now on the fan speed controller and the temps are excellent idle but are a little high on load and i think it should be a little faster on load...anyway thanks in advance

Not really, the mobo output for the fan is 12v and the fan controller is also 12v.

ok...the fan is running at full speed right now (at least that the fan mate can take it) your saying there's no other way to make it go any faster? :(

I thought i had my CPU fan maxed until someone on the boards pointed me to this
it may help get the speed up. And when you say that the load temps are a bit high...how high is that?

Sean

The only way you would be able to make it go faster would be to run a higher voltage to it from a transformer, the problem is, the fan would burn out. Your only options are to buy a faster fan or to have another fan nearby if theres somwhere to mount it.

Well i just got my air conditioner installed and its helped a little. i was playing counterstrike: condition zero for about 20 mins and the cpu temp maxed out at 57 C (this IS a prescott)...i might be a little paranoid but before this air conditioner it was going into the lower 60's. I have speedfan but i dont know how to speed UP a fan...the percentage can only be decreased, not increased. I would get another fan but this isnt a normal fan, it doesnt have a frame or anything which would make it hard to install, and also it's very quiet, adding another fan would just defeat the purpose of me buying it. I'm hoping the temps will go down 2-3 degrees when the arctic silver breaks in.

Not to shabby

I have a prescott and i have temps that stick in the 48-49 degree range. I dont have a super spiffy CPU cooler either. Mine is a coolermaster, that i got for dirt cheap. Your temps arent too too high, but that artic silver might help. Just make sure you keep it thin. To test this, I always apply, then unlpug my cpu fan and boot. If the heatsink gets real hot, then you have it on real good.

Sean

wouldnt the heatsink get hot without thermal paste...no matter what you have on it...if it's making contact with the processor it'll get hot...

The whole point of thermal paste is to make the contact area between the processor and the heatsink as great as possible so that the heat generated by the processor will be absorbed by the heatsink then removed by the fan. If the paste is not used then the processor will overheat and eventually burn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back