Speedfixtool ( scam?)

Just to warn all I had this speedfixtool on my other computer for 3 months and my Hard drive crashed. After replacing it I put in speedfixtool again, the license key didn't work, so I called there tech (( which is in India )) so after an hour or so they sent me to a super tech (( pun )) he worked on it for an hour then came back and said it is a one time install, But no where on the papers or there site does it state this, says good for one year. so now I am out 30.00 for a program. Where I went to school one year means 12 months... not three months..

this is a rip off.. a scam... any ideas on this that can help me out here. ??? thanks

Just put it down to experience. None of these wonder utilities are worth paying money for. Have a look at CCleaner which is free but don't buy anything from the range of Utility software available. I've used Glary Utilities from time to time and there's a free version but it comes bundled with a driver checker incorporated which is another thing to avoid. It's much the same situation with security software. If you have Windows 10 you are probably safe enough with the built in and free Windows Defender. There are several very good free AV programs readily downloadable if you want something else..

Back