Spotify has 3 million paid subscribers, 20% of active user base

By Jos
Jan 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Music streaming service Spotify has reached 3 million paid subscribers across the 12 markets it currently operates in. The figure, revealed at a recent event by chief content officer Ken…

Read the whole story
  2. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Guru Posts: 548   +8

listening to Spotify right now, £5P/M unlimited.
  3. That's what I've been saying all along...the way to reduce piracy is to give people a great service at a great price and people will pay. Spotify is the first music service I have ever paid for...Love it! Now if we could just get the movie industry to do something similar...but they are really greedy so it will take a lot longer time but at some point they will see its better to offer a cheap service than to offer an expensive service and go after pirates...because nobody wins....And they sure aren't making any more money that way .. actually making more people pirate because it's A LOT cheaper and easier. Take spotify as an example...why download mp3's illegally can get almost every song you want legally and great quality...and its a lot easier...that's how you convert pirates to paying customers!! Not by suing
  4. MrTomTom

MrTomTom TS Rookie Posts: 22

@Guest, correct. I've voiced a similar opinion in another post. Spotify is the easiest way to get music to my ears and it's the business model which looks by galaxies far away, the best alternative to the since long obsolete CD business the RIAA are desperately fighting for.
  5. Spotify requires a FaceBook account to login. So while I would be listening to Spotify right now and paying my monthly fee I am not. Still buying CD's and waiting for something better.
  6. Not true. You can login with a Spotify only account I am doing it right now. You do not have to use Facebook.
  7. That is only the case if you previously had an account prior to them making an FB account mandatory. You can no longer sign up w/o an FB account. Please show me I am wrong as it looks like a great service save for the FB issue.
  8. FB is required - very stupid descision as not all want to be on facebook.