Spotify online radio station to rival Pandora later this year

By Shawn Knight
Apr 26, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Spotify may be looking to create an online radio station that would rival Pandora. Two people with knowledge of the situation told Bloomberg that Spotify has already started notifying partners...

Read the whole story
  2. Zen

Zen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 938   +43

Personally speaking, I am a die hard Internet radio listener who has integrated his computer into his home theater sound system and enjoys Internet radio via 5.1 Dolby II sound. I currently use "RadioSure", which is a go between program with it's own built in G.U.I. system. I normally listen to the 181.fm stations, for right now they are the most commercial free that I can find. I seriously don't mind Spotify stepping up to the ranks of on line radio and such. I'm always looking for new programs and mediums to full fill my Internet radio needs.

"I like this, this is good news."!
  3. Pandora rules if your on sprint unlimited plan or high speed internet at home for only 36.00 per year. I control my music. long live Pandora.
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,878   +347

I like.
    I cant imagine this causing pandoras death though, alot of people like how it throws in songs you dont know.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.