TechSpot

Sprint: HTC EVO 4G breaks one-day sales record

By Jos
Jun 7, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Update (6/9/2010): Sprint's first-day sales of the HTC EVO 4G were good, but apparently not quite as good as the carrier initially led us to believe. The company just issued a correction stating that sales were actually "in line with" the number of Instincts and Pres sold over their first three days on the market combined, not three times higher. No explanation was given for the over-estimation other than admitting that they erred in the comparison.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,348   +397

There are so many smart phones and packages out now, it's near impossible to make an educated decision on them as all you can find is the hype generated by the phone companies promoting their own product.

Does anyone know of a good, non-biased website that provides comparisons and ratings?
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I've read a lot of good things about this phone. Although as TomSEA says, it could all be BS Hype. But either way it sounds like an incredible phone. If I weren't on a company mandated BlackBerry I would get this in a heartbeat.
  4. fwilliams

fwilliams TS Rookie Posts: 97

5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,348   +397

Thanks fwilliams - exactly what I was looking for.
  6. Puiu

Puiu TS Addict Posts: 1,058   +97

I'm sure that it will be too expensive in my country :((
  7. ggreenwood4

ggreenwood4 TS Rookie

The only problem is the TOTAL LACK of 4G available in the US. only about 30 cities. Most of them small cities and not major ones. By the time Sprint really gets 4G up and running throughout their entire network. This phone will be an "EXSTINCT EVO"! Sprints 4G network is less available than AT&T's 3G network. There are going to be a LOT of PISSED off Sprint customers when they realized they won't be getting 4G for YEARS to come!
  8. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

If Sprint didn't have such absolutely terrible customer service and actually had decent reception in and around my neighborhood, I'd consider switching for that phone. Wish US Cellular decided to get some of these phones. *******es.
  9. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,536   +318

One way or another Sprint is also saying the phones are sold out.
  10. @ggree...

You are just jealous. I don't need 4G, but I haven't upgraded in 6 years either. The EVO fits my needs just fine without the 4G. Stop being a hater.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.