TechSpot

Sprint turns on LTE in areas of San Francisco, New York City and DC

By Shawn Knight
Feb 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A spokesperson for Sprint has revealed the carrier has turned on 4G LTE service in parts of San Francisco, New York City and Washington, DC. The company started flipping the switch in San Francisco about a month ago although coverage...

Read more
  2. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 889   +171

Luckily for me, I live in one of these 'test areas'. I was able to grab 4G for the first time the other day. It was amazing to finally get what I pay for every month.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,026   +736

Here in South Africa we can't even spell '4G LTE'. Just kidding. We also have test areas but the speeds not that impressive just yet.
  4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,065   +704

And let me guess... you were disconnected within minutes? I can't speak to Sprint's LTE service, but their Wi-Max was a joke. Speeds in Chicago were about 6Mpbs if you could stay connected long enough to use it.
  5. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 889   +171

Actually, It's been on pretty consistently where I live. Well, at least every time I turn off my Wifi 4G does connect. However, I am using Sprint's LTE service not Wi-Max. When I did a speed test I was getting a consistent 2.5Mpbs Download and 1.5Mpbs Upload.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.