TechSpot

spsr.exe What is this?

By J_Bone
Aug 14, 2003
  1. I found this file running on my computer so I stopped it.
    Then when I tried to search for it I could not find it anywhere!

Does anyone know what this does?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

What does it say under Location? That could be helpful.

If you can't find it anywhere on the web, it might be a virus, or trojan. People usually try to make them names of things that could be processes, to make you think it is legit.

Here is something I found on this

I hope this helps, and it is the solution I was going to suggest to you if I couldn't find anything.

3. J_Bone

J_Bone TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 23

It didn't say where it was located. In the picture I added it doesn't give a location except in the registry. It was starting up in no location. I tried searching for it and cannot find it at all.

It is not running in Task Manager since I disabled it. I don't know if it was running before I disabled it in msconfig startup.

4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

5. J_Bone

J_Bone TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 23

That's the same post poertner_1274 posted above.
    thanks for the help!

I could not find it in my registry either! no trace of it anywhere except the msconfig startup menu? Look in the picture I provided

That's wierd. But it's not active so I guess its a good thing?

Anymore info would be great.

Thank you

6. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

7. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

Doh! :blackeye:

8. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

and another little freeware program that will prevent little suprises like this from starting and running on your computer is WinPatrol it uses very little resources and starts up with windows if ANY new process tries to start it alerts you with a pop up and asks you if you want the process to run or if you want to disable it. it also provides you info on what any running process is.

http://www.winpatrol.com/

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.