TechSpot

Spy Sweeper problems

By darknate
May 5, 2009
  1. Lately I have been having issues with my Spy Sweeper. It keeps on having a pop up message saying "The communication Shield has blocked access to: (a website I've never heard of)" It's not one here and there, it happens quite frequently. Just in case people ask, I have Spybot: search and destroy along with glary utilities. I've ran numerous scans with both spybot and spy sweeper and nothing has come up and the problem persists. Also, when I have my mouse on the desktop, it's acting like it's loading something, the swirl thing keeps on spinning, but it never loads it.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

You may need to uninstall Spyware Sweeper and Spybots S&D
    If you have any issues uninstalling Spyware Sweeper use this tool

Once fully removed, restart and re-install Spyware Sweeper, if you still want this tool

Any further issues please have a look at: UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions
    Note: Your extra live protecting programs should be uninstalled first before going through the guide
    If you decide to post the attachments, you will then need to create a New Thread in the Virus & Malware removal forum

3. darknate

darknate TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 41

Thanks a bunch, I have no more issues about this matter. Hopefully it will stay this way.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.