Spyware adware virus?

By aajvs99
Apr 11, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. so this week along with comcast being crappy i think i have gotten a virus but none of my scanners work (norton, microsoft anti-spyware adaware and spybot) This thing is preventing me to connect to the internet even when comcast is working. i really need help fast because i can see that i have over 100 emails that i need to read but cant! please help fast i am running windows 2k
  2. bushwhacker

bushwhacker TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,086

YOU ARE USING A C..P program from Microsoft! you must use this program to keep your computer much secure.

- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional SP4 or newer < MUST! >
    - Internet Explorer 6 SP1 with all of patches
    - Microsoft DirectX 9.0 or 9.0b
    - Norton Anti-Virus w or w/o professional, must have version of 2002 or higher with latest virus definition later than last month.
    - Lavasoft AdAware Personal SE with latest definition
    - Spybot S & D with latest definition

and DEFRAG too! :) I think you have too high bandwith,

and most important of all, please be paitent because if you use the words such as <need help fast, immediately,> or other words that is urgency: people out there will just ignore you, ok? :)

Lucan
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I would suggest reading realblackstuff's thread on How to remove Begin2Search This should help you get rid of your problem with this virus, or adware.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.