TechSpot

Spyware Doctor is not running anymore

By MaximusAmerican
Dec 3, 2007
  1. I have this anti spyware program and it's saying the program cannot be found. But I see it in my Program files folder but the icon on the desktop is just a white square and not a picture of a doctor.

I un-installed and re-installed the spydoctor program again but the same problem is showing. White square on my desktop instead of the Spyware Doctor icon. And the program cannot run.

What can I do?

2. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

Your computer is probably infected with malware that is activley stopping Spyware Doctor from running. Follow the instructions in this thread and then post the results here.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

3. MaximusAmerican

MaximusAmerican TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

I tried downloading avast! Antivirius and AVG AnitSpyware 7.5 but it won't let me.

It's probably doing the same thing you said about being infected with malware that is activley stopping these two programs I mentioned above.

What do I do now?

4. MaximusAmerican

MaximusAmerican TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

Can you give me your e-mail so you can figure out for me which files I need to remove from my HTJ log file?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.