Spyware Victims - Stanford Can Help

Have you had a personal experience with spyware? Do you know someone whose computer was attacked by spyware? Stanford University's Center for Internet and Society and the Stanford Cyberlaw Clinic want stories about how spyware and adware affects personal computers. We hope to help enact dramatic and much-needed reforms in the ways in which spyware and adware companies operate and contract with Internet users. We regularly file lawsuits as well as amicus briefs in other lawyers' lawsuits, testify before governmental bodies and advocate for legislation, assist civil liberties organizations, and author white papers. We are a high-profile catalyst for change and the spyware industry is our major focus at the moment. The Stanford Cyberlaw Clinic is staffed by second and third-year law students and is run by a renowned cyberdefense attorney.

In particular, we are curious about your experiences with these programs:

PacerD: also referred to as Exfol
180solutions: also known as 180 Search Assistant, BlazeFind
EliteBar: also known as YupSearch, Search Miracle, Elite Toolbar, Enternet Media Toolbar, EM Bar
3D Desktop

Please fill out (or forward on) our very brief spyware questionnaire at:
http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/spyware/

Your help is sincerely appreciated. Thanks so much!

Sincerely,

Stanford Cyberlaw Clinic

Hello StanfordClinic and welcome to Techspot.

I and others, try wherever we can, to help people here at Techspot with malware/spyware problems. Unfortunately, with the ever increasing number and types of infection, I sometimes feel like I`m fighting a losing battle.

I hate all things malware/spyware related with avengeance.

It is my opinion, that the only way to reduce this problem, is to introduce tough legislation and even tougher penalties.

The more individuals/companies, who get brought to book for this abhorrent practice the better.

I thankyou for your efforts in this regard, and wish you all the best in your endeavours.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Back