Sql Performence

Status
Not open for further replies.

pillai

Hello All
We have Sql 2000 server installed on windows 2000 server.It's Database Size is 4 GB.Can Any one tell Me for this size of databse howmuch phsyical RAM Required(we Already have 2 GB RAM).But It performence is very low.The cpu usage is go to 90% some time.We can not split the databse.Any one have idea about it to improve performence of sql server.How we can do indexing on that.

Thankx

Pillai

You'll have to optimise your database. 4GB is nothing, I was working on a database with 15 billion records, spread over I can't even remember how many TERAbyte of harddisk space. But the answer-time was in milliseconds, regardless what the query was.

You obviously have poor design, and probably also a lot of redundancy.
You asked questions here before, perhaps it is time to HIRE someone who KNOWS about networking, databases, servers and things like that!

Sql Server

Hi
THankx for u r reply .Yaa That is i know 4 Gb Database is nothing.But as u r knowledge wat may be the problem in our server what we should do for improving it's Performence.Any hardware or Software setting u know.Please inform me about it.

Thankx.

Do a Google with optimising server 2000 and pick your choise.
I'm not going to analyse/advise from a distance.
Get somebody that knows his/her stuff, rather than try and fix it yourself with help of the internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back