SQL Server Express install errors/crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

I am switching programming languages and have settled upon ASP.NET (C#). As such, I downloaded the Visual Studio 2010 IDE as well as trying to install the associated SQL Server that came with the install. This installation failed, claiming that files already existed.

I then tried to install the regular edition of SQL Server 2008 Express, only to have it fail as well with an unspecified error. I tried it again, and the computer BSOD'd on me. I tried another install the majority of the programs installed, but I couldn't access the server instance (throwing all sorts of errors at me). I uninstalled that, and then deleted all of the folders in the Program Files folder and tried to install using a different download; it BSOD'd on me again. Upon restarting, it claims that the program installed, but the instance name and ID of the server is blank.

All I want is to install this program, and it seems that no matter what I do, it fails, crashes, freezes, or does something that causes my computer to reject it.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium.

hmm win/7 home may not be sufficient ...

google for "win/7 sql install error"

hmm win/7 home may not be sufficient ...

google for "win/7 sql install error"

I did that, and came up with the suggestion to upgrade to Sql Server 2008 SP1. The problem is that I can't actually install this damn program properly in order to do that <.< .

EDIT:
I downloaded the ISO and tried that way, and still no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back