Square Enix server hacked, 1.8 million accounts compromised

By Shawn Knight
Dec 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Square Enix, famous for the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest franchises, has reported that a hacker gained unauthorized access to one of their servers. 1.8 million gamers in the US…

Read the whole story
  2. tehbanz

tehbanz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

Ugh, everytime a new website asks me for creds I always hesitate, often times erring on the "Do i REALLY need/want this?" side and not biting. or using fake credentials. I don't even give out my CC online anymore except for paypal. it sucks always having to use pre-paid PSN cards etc. but now BestBuy sells those electronically and emails you the codes, it's becoming easier to do.

numbered are the days where tons of websites have our CC info.
  3. this is why you should never enter additional information ! Stupid !
  4. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

This si what happens when you don't relase a remake of FF VII :D
  5. lchu12

lchu12 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 199   +9

Agreed. :)
  6. jester376

jester376 TechSpot Member Posts: 53

Agreed. You know I've posted this several times on facebook and twitter but it didn't have any impact. There were rumors that Square Enix was in the mist of making a remake but they abandoned the project on grounds that it would cost too much.
  7. jester376

jester376 TechSpot Member Posts: 53

on December 18, 2011
    3:38 PM Agreed. You know I've posted this several times on facebook and twitter but it didn't have any impact. There were rumors that Square Enix was in the mist of making a remake but they abandoned the project on grounds that it would cost too much.
  8. Zeromus

Zeromus TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 231   +7

Is there some zero-day stuff going around or something?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.