Srt file

By kimsou
Dec 13, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwnld a great film but it's winzip & can't now merge the srt and avi to get the subtitles & image & sound all working together, would be nice! - I've tried VLC and Media Player, what am I doing wrong? help plse - thanks
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

You would benefit from software specifically designed for the task of copying or recording film. DVD Pro, DVD Copy Pro, Nero 7 Ultra, Roxio Media Creator, and oh so many others.

You could also tells us what kinds of on-screen reports you get when you attempt this... the details of what you are doing.
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

"can't" means what? You get a stroke every time you try to select the subtitles track in VLC?

Maybe describe what you are doing and what is happening in more detail?
  4. kimsou

kimsou Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 17

thanks ref srt file

Thanks to Nodsu and Raybay. I just got over a bout of 'flu and my brain is refunctioning - marginally - but enough to try again and open the avi file with VLC player and activate the manual subtitle function. Dah! OK, my excuse is that I'm in France and French is not my first language so it's taking a while to figure things out. I'll get there, with a little bit of help from you guys at TechSpot.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.