SSD not showing

1) I have recently installed a Corsair 120gb SSD drive to one of my SATA ports and its not appearing in windows. It appears in device manager and in the bios. Does anyoe know whats going wrong? Windows installed the drivers OK.

2) How can I coopy my c drive in its entirety over to the new SSD withut using paid for software. The drive came on its own with software.

Thanks

Specs of my pc are as:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1CPU
AMD Athlon II X2 265: 16 °CRegor 45nm TechnologyRAM
4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 534MHz (7-7-7-20)Motherboard
MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD 770-C45 (MS-7599) (CPU 1)Graphics
M198WA @ 1440x900ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner): 37 °CHard Drives
117GB Corsair Force 3 SSD ATA Device (IDE): 30 °C117GB Seagate ST3120827AS ATA Device (Unknown Interface): 28 °COptical Drives
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 ATA DeviceTSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B ATA DeviceAudio
AMD High Definition Audio DeviceOperating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1Installation Date: 07 January 2010, 13:24

You might have to go to the admin tools and fix it there...
Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management
...then on the left side u see a "System Tools", "Storage" and "Services and Applications"...click on "Storage" -> "Disk Management". Then you should be able to see all your hard drives etc, then if u want to use the hdd just "Format" it and it should show in "my computer" :)

But then the 2nd question...I'm not sure about that one, I would use the software that came with the hdd and read the manual or then I would take the easy way (that also would make it more fresh) and reinstall Windows completely on the SSD HDD.

Back