TechSpot

SSD Pricewatch: High-capacity drives now matching per-gigabyte prices of smaller SSDs

By Julio Franco
Oct 16, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. When it comes to laptops, few upgrades offer as big a performance boost as a solid state drive. And although they're still costlier than traditional drives, SSDs are no longer coveted by just the tech elite; they're now present in...

Read more

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,332   +277

Yeah - it's definitely dropping. I impulse bought a second 512GB Vertex 4 today... silly Newegg sales.

3. "Will Floods in Thailand Raise the Price of Hard Drives and Computers?"

Question answered here.

4. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

The floods were a windfall for WD and Seagate. And they currently sit atop huge profits. They used the disaster to their advantage. Disgusting companies.

5. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

lets face it.. you would too.

having said that.. I am watching the deals closely each day and could be pulling the trigger at any time now soon as I see a 256 M4 or 830 drops to around $150 mark. I think as it gets closer to the holidays... we'll see deals like that all over the board. I am saving up now.

6. dawei1993

dawei1993 TS Rookie Posts: 37

The past is repeating itself again lol. I remember the days when HDD prices used to fall with increasing capacity. I will just wait until SSDs hit that point!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.