TechSpot

SSD Pricewatch: High-capacity drives now matching per-gigabyte prices of smaller SSDs

By Julio Franco
Oct 16, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. When it comes to laptops, few upgrades offer as big a performance boost as a solid state drive. And although they're still costlier than traditional drives, SSDs are no longer coveted by just the tech elite; they're now present in...

Read more

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,199   +420

Yeah - it's definitely dropping. I impulse bought a second 512GB Vertex 4 today... silly Newegg sales.

3. "Will Floods in Thailand Raise the Price of Hard Drives and Computers?"

Question answered here.

4. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 455   +54

The floods were a windfall for WD and Seagate. And they currently sit atop huge profits. They used the disaster to their advantage. Disgusting companies.

5. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 602   +86

lets face it.. you would too.

having said that.. I am watching the deals closely each day and could be pulling the trigger at any time now soon as I see a 256 M4 or 830 drops to around $150 mark. I think as it gets closer to the holidays... we'll see deals like that all over the board. I am saving up now.

6. dawei1993

dawei1993 TS Rookie Posts: 37

The past is repeating itself again lol. I remember the days when HDD prices used to fall with increasing capacity. I will just wait until SSDs hit that point!