TechSpot

SSD Sata Port Issue

By rmarquez
Aug 19, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. I bend/broke my SSD sata port pins...is it posible to change them without having to buy a new SSD?

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,559   +2,900

If you were capable of doing such a thing, you would know the answer to your own question. Yes it is possible, but since you asked, I question your capabilities. Therefor I doubt you have the knowledge or equipment for such a task. And to pay someone else that does, well lets just say a new drive would be cheaper.

3. rmarquez

rmarquez TS Rookie Topic Starter

"If you were capable of doing such a thing, you would know the answer to your own question."
    Well duuuh.

"Yes it is possible"
    This is all im asking.

"but since you asked, I question your capabilities."
    Obviously if I were capable of doing it I wouldn´t be asking if it was possible.

"And to pay someone else that does, well lets just say a new drive would be cheaper."
    Thanks, this was actually helpfull.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,559   +2,900

Lets just say this job would be impossible with a soldering iron alone. It's not even a job I would be able to do, as I don't have the appropriate equipment. My sarcasm is due to envy from not having this equipment.