SSD trim help

By ernestofumes
Aug 31, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Sorry again but i had to make sure i'd ask this one...i bought a kingston ssd and i'm running windows 7 64 bit. when i go to my computer and right click on C
    : drive and i go to properties on the tools tab there are 3 options which are Error-Checking, defragmentation, and back up.. From what i've read windows 7 disables defragmentationand uses a function called trim but i can't seem know if the trim function is on, because all i see is defragmentation, i've read that i should not use it so i want to know if someone can give me an advice. I also have a second internal Hard drive (not ssd) for storage/applications.
    thank you.
  2. ernestofumes

ernestofumes Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

allright i found out something so i ran cmd as administrator and i typed this fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify and the message i got was Disable Delete notify = 0

so i guess I'm ok?
  3. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +97

I use SSD tweak to set my W7 64bit settings for my Crucial SSD.

That might be useful for you as well.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.