Stalker Complete Mod (Pavel) near completion

red1776

If you are a fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series to any extent, there is a fighting chance you have played it with one of the many mods out there such as Clear Sky Complete and or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Complete. They are (in my opinion) the best out there. If you have waiting or wondering about the 'Artist Pavel' mod for Call of Pripyat, Pavel started posting completion percentage last week and it has been going up by 10% every three days, and It is at 90% as of today. These have been exceptional mods thus far, and the COP mod looks to be the crown jewel of the bunch. Pavel and his extended networked team of writers have re-textured,re-lite, re-sound-tracked, and pretty much re-everything'ed about the game. They have also redone some code and implemented many bug-fixes for the notoriously glitch filled and unstable game. It is really rather remarkable transformation from the 'vanilla' version.
If you wish to follow the progress of the latest mod for COP, or check in occasionally for the pending completion. This is Pavel's site where he updates progress. You can also visit the mods section on moddb.com and ask a question, comment, or make suggestions for the upcoming mod.

http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/

... and/or...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-pripyat-complete

call_of_pripyat_poster_version2-1.jpg

G, from your own personal extensive experience with this game as well as gaming hardware/gaming builds, what do you find say is the recommended hardware?

J,
Its a very rich environment with the mods with lots of detail to turn up including HBOA/distances/vegetation detail, etc.Taking an educated guess from the first two, I would recommend starting at a HD 5830/GTX 460 1GB for a fair amount of detail, and a HD 5870/6950-560TI/GTX 570+ for all the way.
Its a very GPU dependent affair and a E8400/Athlon II x3 435 Rana will work nicely.
I have a few shots of 'Clear Sky with the Artist Pavel mod cranked all the way up:
The first two installments of STALKER actually ran better and gave better frame rates with the mod installed. This game uses more system memory than any other game I own, second only to Metro 2033. Should really have at least 4GB.
Are you going to duplicate your Bro-in-laws machine?:)

https://www.techspot.com/gallery/member-galleries/p3891-s-t-a-l-k-e-rclear-s.html
https://www.techspot.com/gallery/member-galleries/p3890-s-t-a-l-k-e-rclear-s.html
https://www.techspot.com/gallery/member-galleries/p3892-s-t-a-l-k-e-rclear-s.html

Judging by the two earlier mods ( ShoC and CS) you should be able to play to reasonably high game IQ with something in the HD5850/6870/GTX460 OC/560Ti category. You're likely to need a 6950/6970/GTX570/580 for the full-on DX11 bells-and-whistles (SSAO/DoF/soft water and particles/steep parallax/volumetric effects etc.)
I'm assuming here that in addition to the improved graphical qualities, the game code bloat has been pared down.

EDIT: Red beat me to it !

Strangely enough I don't think my play throughs of the original game included many (if any) glitches- although that may be dependant upon the players ability immerse themselves into the game world (engaging all npc's in dialogue and the "Russian" penchant for lateral thinking).
I can't think of any glitches that caused failed quests or any major texture problems ( quest items falling to the textures etc.).

Anyhow, I'm keen to see how the mod turned out. I've just about finished the current version of Narodnaya Solyanka (after two months gametime!), so hopefully CoP Complete will keep me in the Zone until the next NS expansion and Lost Alpha become available.

Strangely enough I don't think my play throughs of the original game included many (if any) glitches- although that may be dependant upon the players ability immerse themselves into the game world (engaging all npc's in dialogue and the "Russian" penchant for lateral thinking).
I can't think of any glitches that caused failed quests or any major texture problems ( quest items falling to the textures etc.)

It went really smooth for me as well, however the boards are full of people and write ups of how buggy/glitchy/crashy they are. To the point of calling it notorious. I guess we got lucky ey?

Probably more a case of people expected a spoon-fed linear shooter where every objective is emblazoned across the screen. Even seasoned reviewers didn't understand the levelling up mechanics of the game.......god knows how they would cope with NS (read/follow dialogue withich appears ONCE only, a lot of quest info not accessible through the PDA, very high reliance upon communication and stealth,as killing npc's -bandits, soldiers and zombies- can dead-end added storylines, not to mention the cryptic nature of some quest dialogue (One quest giver- Cyclops- gives quests in the form of poetic verse!).
Replaying CoP with the Complete mod will dovetail quite nicely with the upcoming NS expansion (integrating the Zaton, Jupiter and Pripyat East maps, along with Dead City into the mod- I think that brings the number of game maps to 31), unfortunately the vanilla games are now just a walk in the park compared to the concentration levels and difficulty needed to negotiate NS- so I'm hopeful that the gameplay content has also been tweaked accordingly in Complete and not just the eye candy.

EDIT: Also a big part of the Stalker series requirements are RAM availability since the AI keeps track of npc's in the gameworld. Anything under 4Gb is likely to crash due to the game code storing an ever increasing amount of objects. If these people kept an eye on RAM usage and once an hour saved and exited the game, then restarted, then most wouldn't have a problem at all. Unlike most "fps" games the game player must realise that the game world fills up more in line with a complex RTS.

Thanks guys for the excellent input.

G - Saving up for a system now. I think with new releases soon to come this summer/fall I want to see the "goodies" so to speak. :approve: Plus it will give me more time to save money.

so I'm hopeful that the gameplay content has also been tweaked accordingly in Complete and not just the eye candy

He is touting the fact that there will be significant additions to the story (options/strategy/content)
he will expound a bit on it when he inevitably gets people who ***** that its taking too long to complete. (I guarantee the people complaining are not the ones who make a donation to the extensive effort)

This game uses more system memory than any other game I own, second only to Metro 2033. Should really have at least 4GB.

I have noticed that as well. I have exited the session with 5GB+ used. at first I thought the game might have had a Google Earth like memory leak :)

I think with new releases soon to come this summer/fall I want to see the "goodies" so to speak.

Yeah I was gearing up for my next gamer, but I decided to wait for Bulldozer and see if its going to be competitive or better.

Back