Stand by problem

By simran
Apr 13, 2008
  1. ok iv noticed this problem a few weeks ago since i installed my new printer...if the problem existed before this i dont no.

anyway problem is when i click on the option for standby computer does nothing

about two weeks ago when i click turn off, the computer went onto stand by and if i pressed the power button again then it turned on and off again properly. But this turn off problem is now fixed some how and doesnt do that ever since i killed the process running for the HP printer software a few times.

but today i tried to use stand by again and it did not work. i found that when i killed the printer process again and the computer went on to hybernate after a couple of minutes.

i decided to run the AVG virus scanner just for the sake of it and this are the results. No results found but;

it seems like some settings have been changed. What are these? could they be affecting the stand by problem?

iv attached a photo below of the results.

Attached Files:

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

When going to Advanced Power Options in Control Panel.
    What is listed in there?

3. simran

simran TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 28

the options are standby or hybernate.

attached a pic below.

Attached Files:

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Please change them to "ask me what to do"

And then test if the error still happens
  5. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

Also, do you have something like Spybot that changes your host file for you? It could be your security programs that made these changes
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.