Standard VGA display adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinx57

i have upgraded to windows vista ultimate from the home basic and when i try to run some programs it says my hardware acceleration is turned off :confused: i had no problem with home basic. also i cannot find out what make of graphics card i have on my laptop :confused: in device manager it just says 'standard VGA graphics adapter'.............................anyone have any ideas????

many thanks

Ashley

You didn't mention what the make and model of your laptop is. We need this info to help with this. We are not standing right next to you. We cannot see this laptop.

You didn't mention what the make and model of your laptop is. We need this info to help with this. We are not standing right next to you. We cannot see this laptop.

yes, sorry :) its a Packard Bell Easy Note MH36-V-200

specs:
Operating System Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic (i changed to ultimate)
Chassis
Chassis dimensions 300x260x37mm
Weight 2.6Kg
Processor
Model Intel® Celeron® dual-core processor T1600 1.66GHz
Cache memory 1MB
Bus Speed 667MHz
Memory
Installed memory 1024MB DDR2
Hard Disk Drive
HDD size 160GB SATA
CD-RW / DVD-RW
Optical drive DVDRW+R9
Graphics
Chipset Intel 400M
Integrated on motherboard or on AGP Slot Integrated
Screen
Internal resolution 1280x800
Monitor size 15.4-inch with Diamondview
Technology and ratio TFT
Sound
Chipset Realtek ALC861
Integrated on motherboard or on PCI Slot Integrated
Communication
Ethernet 10/100 LAN
WIFI Yes
Connectors
USB Port (total/front/rear) 3 x USB 2.0
VGA Yes
Audio in Yes
Microphone IN Yes
Headphones Yes
Keyboard and pointing device
Pointing device Synaptics Touchpad
Keyboard type 90 Key Qwerty
Warranty
Standard warranty 1 Year Standard

Ahhh Ashley,
that is more like it! nice post :) Download and install the chipset drivers here:

Just curious, why did you update Vista Home basic to Vista Ultimate? Did you get the Vista Ultimate OS disc free?

thanks alot mate, ill let you know if it makes it better. and do you know why my hardware acceleration has been disabled because it was fine before i upgraded.

and i got windows vista black edition :D its a version of ultimate that someone has moddified with preinstalled programs and different themes and stuff :) its really good. ill send you a copy if you want one.

Thanks Ashley for the offer... I'm running a dual boot Vista Home Premium SP2 and Windows 7 Ultimate RC (Release Candidate) I almost never boot into Vista now. Windows 7 is so much better. It will be available in Retail stores on or after October 22, 2009.

Good luck... If you are successful installing the chipset driver, the graphics adapter should be named something like "Intel 400M graphics driver, not Standard VGA graphics. Have you updated Vista Ultimate to service pack 2? If not, do it ASAP

packardbell.co.uk/products/notebooks/easynote-mh/EasyNote+MH36-V-200/productsheet-PC36Q02101-1521.html

this is mine

View attachment 51178

thats the error i get, no joy with the drivers :( how i get service pack 2?? is it download from a site or is it included in the automatic updates??

Go to Programs, Windows Updates... Choose "Check for Updates". SP2 should show up. Keep running Windows Updates, Check for Updates until it says "Your computer is up to date". I know you will have quite a few updates, if Vista SP2 is not installed.

Wasn't the link I posted correct?

right then ill try that out mate. and yes that pic is good :D it was taken by me at the french car show hehe they were all trying and i quote 'trying' to change the wheels on a F1 car lmao it was funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back