Standard VGA graphics adapter (Code 10)

By WilleeKing
Dec 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Okay so i keep having this problem where my Standard VGA graphics adapter wont run it says its up to date on updates but i want to manually find an update and update it myself but i dont know where to find it.

I have a

ASUS K53TA-BBR6 AMD A6-3400M Quad-core (1.4GHz - 2.3GHz)

please help :[
  2. mike1959

mike1959 TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,047   +15

Can you say what your PC is? Make/model ?
    Which Windows version are you using?
    If you are not sure exactly what the graphics are then you can download this small program to give you info about it.
    http://download.cnet.com/GPU-Z/3000-2094_4-10788513.html
    You will need to visit the makers website to download the correct driver, when you have the information.
  3. ron111

ron111 Newcomer, in training Posts: 45

Interesting, Asus does not show any video drivers for that laptop on their support site.
    But I think that the laptop has a AMD HD Radeon 6650 onboard, so you can try the AMD/ATI display drivers for that video card. Download the Radeon mobily drivers from here.

Btw, that's for Vista/W7, if you have XP, you need to change the parameters in the support site.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.