Standard VGA graphics adapter

By Missy41
Feb 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I updated my computer to Windows 7 home and now my Resolution only has 640x480 I have a Dell. model is DE051.. please help if you can.
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,803   +1,431

Is your PC a Demension 1100 (DE051)?

Did you update to Windows 7 64-bit operating system?

Can you remember if your graphics driver was Intel, nVidia, or Ati?
  3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,427   +618

You need to look on your tower for a 'service tag', or some other identifiable stuff. Like, Dimension, etc.

You're missing graphics drivers, so we need to find your exact model.
  4. Missy41

Missy41 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Yes it is and I looked on dell support but they dont have any drivers for windows 7 home my service tag number is..3L82C91

I updated to windows 7 home premium 32bit I think it was intel
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,803   +1,431

If Windows 7 drivers are not available, you will need to use the vista drivers that are available.

It a good thing you updated to Windows 7 32-bit, because there doesn't seem to be 64-bit drivers available at all.

Since you think your graphics was Intel, that would be a good start. If nothing else the installation will simply fail, if it is not the right driver. To be honest, I think Intel (integrated graphics) is the most common driver in pre-built systems.
  6. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,797   +882

Maybe he doesnt even need to upgrade. Try right clicking on the desktop and go to screen resolution and move the slider to the highest (if this is not available then you need a driver).(is this how you found the resolution? If so ignore this)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.