Staples rumored to begin offering Apple products

By Rick
Feb 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Staples may be the next major retailer to offer Apple products, according to a tweet by Erin LaFlamme, a Strategic Account manager for Staples. Precisely what Apple products and when Staples will offer them are unknowns, but the company will join a select...

Read more
  2. Julien

Julien TechSpot Member

As far as I know, select Staples in Canada have offered Macbooks and other Apple OSX based computers since August 2012.
  3. Rippleman

Rippleman TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 131   +25

Same here in Alberta Canada.
  4. Rippleman

Rippleman TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 131   +25

Opps, I mean only the iPad and iPod, not apple pc's
  5. supertech

supertech TechSpot Member Posts: 80   +9

Staples has offered Apple products in Canada for some time now. The U.S. operations are different and they currently do not.
  6. Also from Alberta, Canada. I bought my wife's IPad from a Staples in Medicine Hat.
  7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,377   +825

The shopping experience one embraces by buying high tech equipment in a Staples, is even more depressing than buying the same thing at Best Buy.

Last time I was there, they charged me a dollar OVER list price for an Epson ink cartridge. Then they closed the store. Now I have to go 6 or 7 more miles to be overcharged.

In Philadelphia there's an Ikea, and a Toys r' Us in the same general area as a Staples store.

Try and guess the one where I think Apple should start selling iPads next.
  8. There is only one reason why staples has not been able to offer products...they used to, until they bought ipods from a 3rd party supplier and NOT from apple. apple threw a toddler temper-tantrum as they usually do and told staples they were no longer allowed to sell apple products because they didn't buy them from apple and had to 'sit in the corner in time out' for 4 years until they could sell the products again. canada will not allow companies to act like a 3 year old girl so therefore you can buy apple's garbage there. this info is not my opinion, it is fact. at least now I have yet another reason not to shop at staples and yet another of the many reasons I will never buy anything related to CRapple.
  9. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 892   +52

Yeah it's the second time they've done this, last time was about 3 years ago.
  10. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TechSpot Booster Posts: 302   +43

NOOOOOOO I don't want to sell Apple at work, that's the best part of work, not selling Apple products. To my understanding though the reason staples has not been selling apple in the US is because in the US we offer out own protection plans on all our electronics (and from what I have seen Apples is the only other company with plans as good as ours), but apple only allows people to buy there protection on there stuff, so I am wondering how true this is. but seeing as how most of best buys brick and mortars will be gone by the end of this year this will be the only way, other then apple stores, to get a macbook or other mac PC's in the states.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.