StarCraft 2 cinematics issues with Nvidia 250 GTS

XFX Nvidia 250 GTS 1GB. Gameplay runs great on ultra settings, cinematics fail terribly. Screen goes black, then comes back, game minimizes comes back etc. Makes viewing cinematics extremely frustrating and just about impossible. Prob would fully crash if I was running XP. Running W7 Pro x64.

This 250 GTS is a warranty replacement card for an 8800GT which failed about 6 months ago.

I am sure it is the card because I replaced with nvidia 8400 (so ugly) and cinematics (although awful looking) ran without an issue. I have reseated the card, redownloaded drivers, ran sc2 repair tool and even just reformatted.

Was the 250 GTS running fine before installing StarCraft 2? No problems with any other games that you know of?

No problems at all. During the beta the screen would sometimes go black during gameplay but I figured it was because it was a buggy beta. That does not occur anymore it only goes black and minimizes repeatedly during cinematics. Although, The Betrayal, a different and more high quality cinematic during the game plays amazingly. Currently beginning the RMA process for the video card with xfx.

If you have time before sending it in, can you try another power supply? A weak or weakening one could cause erratic graphics. Do you have access to a PSU for testing purposes?

Back