Start-up problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

Lately i've been having trouble starting up my computer. It runs with Windows XP Home Edition.
The computer started off just having a flicker on power when you turn it off, and then turning off again, but after a while it would turn on ok, and from there runs fine. It suddenly stopped recognising my monitor, there was no power going to it at all, so I used a temporary one which worked ok, but everytime you turn on from the main switch it says 'No Signal', so if you press the restart button from there, it loads perfectly, and again runs fine afterwards.
I have since got a new monitor, but when I connected that, it wouldn't load up at all, my dad cleaned the ram and it loaded as above, and I still have to turn it on that way.
Also, I've have no beep codes for quite a while now, i'd like to get them back if possible.

Do you have any ideas of what could be causing the problem?

No signal

I replaced a CRT monitor with a Viewsonic LCD. The cable connection was changed from VGA to DVI. Sometimes the monitor wouldn't display on start up. Whenever I had to do a restart, say after an update, the monitor would not display or give a message like DVI out of range. A Philips LCD I bought for my second computer had no such problems when substituted. I eventually found that the Viewsonic has a setting in its menu where you can instruct it to look for a DVI input first rather than automatically seeking a signal from the graphics card. My computer was probably booting up quicker than the monitor was able to pick up the DVI input. Since I changed this menu setting the Viewsonic has had no problems. Check out any menu on the monitor -assuming that it's LCD. You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back