Starting a new topic in the malware forum

turbosi

Hi everyone! I came across this site by googling on how to remove a "bad image" virus and here I am. It seems like you guys have a nice supportive community going on here. I'm not too computer savy, but I hope to learn a thing or two. Does anyone have any idea when I may be able to post my scan logs as the instructions indicated in the virus removal section of the forum? I tried, but am unable to do so.

Hi turbosi :wave:

Welcome to
logo-rss.png
:grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay :)

Thanks for the response. I've read through the links and am still unable to create a thread. Am I still waiting on a moderators approval or am I missing something?

You must be missing something as there does not appear to be any impediment to you creating a thread in Virus and Malware. Plenty of others have started with their first post in that forum. You should be able too.

I must be missing something or must be going through some sort of initiation period before I could create a topic. I even tried to send a private message to a moderator of the Virus & Malware section and that didn't even go through.

I've moved your thread to a more appropriate forum for your questions. The Introductions forum is for Intros only.

What happens when you click on "New Topic?"

This is what it tells me,

TS OpenBoards Message
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
2.You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Password:

Forgotten Your Password? Remember Me?

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.

Have you verified your forum registration by responding to the email that was sent to you when you registered?

Yes I have. I just went back and clicked on the link to activate my account in my email again and this is what is said,

TS OpenBoards Message
Your account has already been activated so please try logging in.

mailpup, this new member has sent a PM to me about this problem. I'm going to try to walk him through, but if it doesn't work, I'll let you know.

Edit: I know exactly what he's getting! I've ended up there myself. There is something on the top of the forum page, to the right side, that will bring up exactly what he is describing. I have never been able to find this place but I know it there. If I can manage to bring it up intentionally, I'll send a screen shot.

I sent the
newtopic.gif
image with directions to it.

"Open Board" Message

Attaching screen shot from member. This is exactly the same one I said I get at times.

Attachments

• 2whi96u.jpg
    2whi96u.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 9
Guys, I just got on my girlfriends laptop to check this thread and I'm evidently able to start a new topic in the virus and malware section with her laptop, however I can't do it with my laptop which has the issues. It's really weird, but at least I'm able to start my topic. Thanks for the help guys!!

Just curious, what browser are you using on your PC and your girlfriend's laptop?

I don't know if this will help mailpup, but I use Firefox exclusively and have gotten this screen.

Hmm. I also use Firefox exclusively but I don't get that screen as long as I'm signed in. Of course, if I sign out of the forums, I will get that screen if I try to click on the New Topic button. I think an Admin or developer may have to eventually address this.

Back