TechSpot

Starting issues

By Zilliak
May 21, 2008
  1. I bought the board it works
    I bought a new case it works
    I load windows
    It doesnt work
    What happens is i come to the startup screen... it loads everyhting and it brings me to windows xp load screeen it then restarts and follows the same procedure any help

2. Logue

Logue TS Rookie

I'm no expert, but to me I think something is wrong with your Windows. I would try reinstalling Windows, see if that fixes anything

3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Did you buy a new hard drive as well? Did you setup the new drive before you attempted to install Windows XP?

4. Zilliak

Zilliak TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 164

no im upgrading my motherboard already has windows installed the new problem that i have is Warning! CPU has been changed or CPU ratio change failed.

5. Zilliak

Zilliak TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 164

k herst he problem i didnt format my hardrive and now i need a xp cd i dont not own one being that my xp was partitioned on my hardrive....this sucks peanuts any suggestions?

6. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

Go buy the disk. that is the only way to do it right.

7. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,039   +9

You'll need to reformat Windows XP if you change the motherboard (unless you're changing from one to another exact one)

There's probably nothing wrong with anything on your computer, just that you'll need to reinstall your Windows. No other way about it.

8. zeroxzero

zeroxzero TS Rookie

i agree with CMH

cause ur harddisk will load the previous mother board information to ur motherboard this could cause comflict between motherboard and window

sometime it will work and u will get to ur window but some cannot

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.