Startup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. First, I must say I'm portuguese, so, if I commit any English mistake, please accept mt apologies.
I've got a startup problem. I've had an earlier one, which I fixed with Combofix. However, before I did that, I tried to solve the problem by using diagnosis startup and selective startup. Now that I solved it, the computer insists in booting on selective startup. I've gone many times to msconfig and changed to normal startup. The computer then reboots but it seems it stays on selective startup. The desktop is grey-colored, so as the "start" button. It's like I was using some older version of Windows. I can't get access to the Internet (I'm typing on my laptop), nor open audio files... It seems it doesn't detect some drivers, but, on msconfig, their matchbox is ticked... I just don't know what to do. I hope I was straight to the point.
I thank any attempt of helping me.

Now that I solved it, the computer insists in booting on selective startup. I've gone many times to msconfig and changed to normal startup.
Once you make a change on the Startup menu, the only way to retain the change is to stay in Selective Startup. Going back to 'Normal Startup' removes the changes you made. The first time you boot after making the change, you will get a nag message that you can ignore and close after checking 'don't show this message again.'

Microsoft confused a lot of people indicating Selective Startup should only be used for diagnostic purposes. That is incorrect. I make changes on my computers the first day I get them and they stay in Selective Startup from that time one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back