Startying up windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need2no

Ok Im sorry to bother you guys again...but i have a new computer which recently got messed up therefore i had to reinstall the windows vista that came along with my purchase.....now i have two issues

1st-when turning on my computer ..insteading of just starting up it requires that i choose an operating system out of the two shown...however all they do is show windows vista twice.....i would like to find out how to get the start up back to normal with out having to choose

2nd-I used to have the sims installed at which the game ran fine....but after i reinstalled windows the graphics began to slow down i started having glitches...im not sure if this was caused by me reinstalling the windows but i would take any suggestions....

thank you in advance

Did you install the new copy of Vista on a separate partition, or did you format the old partition and install it there? Make sure there aren't two separate partitions, and if there aren't then try either running "fixmbr" in the recovery console. If that doesn't work, alter the boot.ini file manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back