Static/Crackle Noise - Not Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaintedWisdom

Hi,
First of all thank you for taking the time to read/answer question :)

Now, on to the problem/question.

For the past 6 months or so I have a crackling/static noise coming from my speakers (confirmed is not due to my speakers because when I connect my headphones, the crackling is now heard on the headphones instead). The sound is very loud during the first 30 minutes or so when the computer is turned on and goes down a bit after 2 hours or so (sometimes the sound stops all together after 4 hours +). I haven't change the position of the computer, nor bought any new hardware which might be causing static/interference. Furthermore, I downloaded the latest sound card drivers just to make sure.

This problem is truly driving me nuts and is preventing me from listening to music, videos etc.

Anyone knows whats going on?

Thank you, looking forward to reply.

-TW

Sounds, like it's picking up noise from the HardDrive
If it's a PC, consider taking it apart and removing all internal dust
If it's an addon card, consider mounting it in another PCI slot
There are too many more ifs, without your system specs, it's very difficult.

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

Sounds, like it's picking up noise from the HardDrive
If it's a PC, consider taking it apart and removing all internal dust
If it's an addon card, consider mounting it in another PCI slot
There are too many more ifs, without your system specs, it's very difficult.

WOW! That was the quickest reply I have had in any forum till date regarding any subject!:grinthumb

Being my computer is indeed old (well, haven't bought anything for it in a while as I'm building one soon) it has been collecting dust so that could be it. I will switch the sound card to another slot as well and see how that goes.

Thanks once again.

-TW

I had the exact some problem some years ago, turns out the problem was the on board sound, it must have been fried or something, for your case that would translate the the sound card. Try taking the sound card out and testing with on board sound if kimsland's ideas don't work.
cheers
Hynesy :wave:

Hi guys,
Just wanted to let you know the problem was indeed the sound card.
I have now replaced it and no more static/crackling noise.

Note: I know this is an old thread/issue/question however, I just wanted to give you an update and say thanks for the help.

-TW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back