Static IP

By angelshells
Feb 15, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay when i go to setup a static ip for my router to port forward i get a slight problem. my router wants my static ip to be something like this 192.168.1.231 to be able to port forward it needs that 1 but my static ip is 192.168.137.119 and i dont understand why? can someone please help me?

see attached picture

Attached Files:

2. angelssucks

angelssucks Newcomer, in training

First off, call up your ISP and tell comcast to go **** themselves and tell your mom I said "Hi sexy!" and then go to the store and get me more chips. Maybe that'll fix it.
  3. angelshells

angelshells Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Matty wtf are you doing on here you $@#$licker
  4. angelssucks

angelssucks Newcomer, in training

Great maturity there good sir! Even if I came of a lil strong I still want my chips, tell you mother to get her *** back in the kitchen where she belongs and to get my dinner on the stove. Cough cough benderific benderey bastard cough.
  5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,028   +221

Your router's IP address is 192.168.137.1 so ALL addresses attached to it must be something like 192.168.137.*; any other address will not have connectivity.

Don't set the static IN the router, but on yhe system which needs the static and it can be configured on that adapter.
    The port forward then is from the router to the static address.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.