Status LED Flashing TFT monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokkson

Hello there, my first post here =). I am having a big problem with my Fujitsu Siemens Scaleoview L20-1W TFT monitor. I have recently played with it just fine (it is about 3 to 4 years old) and now it has started to flash and not working properly. I dont have to do anything exept to put the power cable in the monitor and it starts flashing. The warranty is way gone the expire date. Anyway, if i put the power cable in the monitor, it starts flashing between Blue and Purple/Pink LED Status. When it was working properly the status was Blue = Power On, Orange = Standby Mode. I have no idea of anything that could have happened, but if theres someone out there who has a clue, please, let me know. I really have no money to buy a new one, and I liked that Monitor =). (got it as a birthday Present) Cheers Jokkson

Did the Laptop get any shock or Fall down? Also have you change or updated any drivers or hardware in the laptop before getting those problem?

No it havent fallen down on anything or got any shock in some way. And no i havent updaten anything. I played fine one day, and next day it stopped working (the monitor).

Maybe a sensitive problem due to magnetic problem or something like that. The best thing to do will be to send it to you provider and let them check it or if you can't do it yourself. It may be the screen itself damage or motherboard or even HDD not working.

If it would be any magnetic problem it would be wierd, nothing that i have near the monitor is magnetic. And i cant send it to any Provider without paying the Repair bill =(. Warranty has been lost since 1 year ago. The screen looks fine so i dont really know, and the motherboard is fine, im using it now (its a notebook) even the HDD is fine.

Maybe a cable problem then. You may try to check if everything is well conected and also if something does not goes wrong with a cable as example cut, fried something like that.

well, i dont think its the cable, because ive tried other cables that got the same connection and so on.. and it still flashes(the status led, and the screen flashes but its almost unnoticeable).. the cables looks fine, nothing got a cut on it and they aint fried :p i have though opened it, but nothing looks wrong =S

sounds like the inverter board is fried... similar thing happened with my last ViewSonic, after a few years.

most likely no, unless the inverter board in said model is easily swappable but even then you run the risk of breaking something else or it not working. since the warranty is expired your best bet is to just get a new one and sell the old to a salvage dealer. that's what i did with mine, got around $80 for it since it was in really nice shape. sort of a lousy solution i understand but it happens...

ah, well.. i guess i have too, since i dont got any money to spend on repair.. =(.. my old TFT screen going to the "Reaper".. a tear running down my cheek :p.. well.. thanks alot for your help, even if it didnt get the monitor to work =(..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back