Stealth ABS front panel removal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aolish

I got a stealth abs case that has a large 120mm fan up front that has filtering that blocks dust particles. The problem is its collecting to much dust and now the area around it is just clogged with dust, it has a very brown look to it now. I got no clue on how to take the front mesh off. There IS HOWEVER a small 'notch' like hole on the bottom of the front case. I'm guessing you can use that to pull at it to take the front mesh off, however its not budging no matter how hard I pull at it. If I pull any harder it feels like my fingers will get cut (edge is kinda sharp) or I might break the mesh. Does anyone else use this case? If so how is the 120mm mesh removed so I can clean the filter. thx in advance for any help.

EDIT: I managed to finally remove the mesh, you REALLY have to pull at this thing to take it off... but now there seems to be another problem. LOL... its the filter itself... its practically soldiered right into the mesh you CAN'T take it off. I don't know why they did this. Kinda lame. I tried brushing it off but it doesn't do a great job at all, I can't blow it because the dust literally is sticking to the filter. Do I just dump it in water? Any ideas?

a pressurized gas (dust off, for example) would be ideal for getting the dust out. take off both side panels and check the edges of the front panel, looking at the front of the case from the back. many cases require the front panel to be taken off to clean fan filters, check for clips that are holding the front on. in most cases, undoing these clips will allow you to remove the front panel and get at the filter/fan. be careful if you have wires attached to the front panel, as attempting to remove the front panel can loosen or disconnect wires. do not force anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back