Steam "cannot find any user data for offline mode"

DKRON

I tried awile ago to ask for a way to bypass it completely but apparently thats illegal, anyway how do you stop this error from happening when trying to play steam in offline mode and suddenly my profile dosn't exist (even though i can see the files for it)

Is this error happening when you are just opening Steam or are you trying to play a game?

either one, it used to only every so often stop offline mode untill i went on the net to update but now even if i go onto online and then offline it will still have the error, luckily battlefield 3 dosn't use steam lol

You might have one or more corrupted files. I would try uninstalling Steam and the game and reinstall Steam. Reinstall the game through Steam download. I know the download can take a lot of time but you should end up with a clean installation.

i really didn't want to do that because i have 10 or so games on there at the moment and 500MB of downloads so has taken me awile to update at 1am

Try uninstalling and reinstalling only Steam then. That's not too large.

Steam Offline is such a hassle, whenever you need it to work, it somehow manages to break...I'm assuming you have 'Don't save account credentials' unchecked and still getting this error?

If so, I second pups suggestion of just reinstalling Steam itself. Just backup your 'steamapps' folder and bring it back once Steam has successfully reinstalled and verify your cache. That should reduce the need for downloading everything again; had to do this personally myself a few times and it's not too painful.

thanks to everyone for the help, backing up the steamapps folder worked perfectly and now its working again, except i lost all the icons for the games but that should be easy to replace

I've gotten used to just installing my Steam games with no icons, and using the Steam Systray icon to launch them. Sure saves clutter on my desktop! :)

haha yea well i've used crisis warhead via its CD boot for awile now because i can't actually find where the stupid game is installed lol, but its all good

Back