Steam games close on main menu

By InfamousMOBB
Jan 28, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So whenever i launch any game on Steam, it pops up to the main menu then after a couple seconds it automatically closes without any errors. This is not my first time trying to launch the game, i have been playing steam games for about 2 years. This is also not the first time this has happened to me. The other time this happened i waited on it for a couple days and i could play again. It has been a month and two weeks.
  2. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TechSpot Maniac Posts: 543

have u tried re installing Steam and the game. does the game meet your pc specs?
  3. InfamousMOBB

InfamousMOBB Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Yes, i have tried re installing Steam and the game. Yes the game meets my PC specs.
  4. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TechSpot Maniac Posts: 543

I don't know what to suggest. Try calling whatever companys behind 'steam' and see if they have a solution.
  5. d1ngess

d1ngess Newcomer, in training

try reinstalling the drivers to the video card or putting an all new card in there. I had a friend with the same problem and he just stuck a new card in and it magically worked lol. I have no idea what is behind it but it seemed to work.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.