TechSpot

Steam Greenlight goes live, lets you vote on hundreds of games

By Jos
Aug 31, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Following up from its announcement last month, Valve has officially flipped the switch on the new Greenlight feature that will allow users to vote and comment on what games and content should be released on Steam. Developers can submit games,...

Read more

2. lchu12

lchu12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 199   +9

I think the games on vote needs more polish (even for a indie game), before I would pay for it. So far after flipping through the 12 pages, I don't see anything worthwhile.

In any case I still think this is a great idea.

Oh if anyone see anything awesome that I might've missed on greenlight, please PM me.

3. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 957   +116

Wait, you didn't vote for Towing Simulator??? How about the timeless classic Truck Driving Simulator? Damn, they got my votes, other than that nothing of interest, all looks very mediocre at best. Some games just look plain bad, hardly worth a mention let alone a vote.

4. wcbert

wcbert TS Rookie Posts: 71

Voting? Not a big deal to me. I have bought over 10 games from Value. It the game's forum where I can find detail information about the game from players and reviews that have made me buy a game.

Voting? Without a explaination of the reason behind their votes, it is meanless information to me.

5. lchu12

The thing is that you can't buy the game until they place it on STEAM. And voting will get the game on STEAM.

6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,371   +289

After 3 pages I realized I probably wouldn't see anything worthwhile so I stopped. I told myself I'd come back and finish the rest but I just don't have the free time.

7. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

The games don't look like anything special so far; maybe that will change, given some time.

8. lchu12

Okay so I went back last night and flipped through a few more pages....its now up to 22 pages. And I did find a few very interesting games:

-project zomboid - zombie survival - outdated graphics - but seems good for a indie.
    -dawn of fantasy
    -heroes and generals

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.