Steam holiday sale: Up to 80% off tons of games

By Matthew
Dec 23, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In addition to GOG's amazing holiday sale, Steam has shown its Christmas spirit with up to 80% off hundreds of games. Some noteworthy deals include 50% off Ubisoft and THQ's entire catalog as well as the Eidos Collector's Pack, 66% off all Atari games and the Unreal pack, and 33% off 2K titles and the Rockstar Collection.

Read the whole story
  2. Rapidhic

Rapidhic Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

omg look at these prices! I feel pity to those that bought these games for 40-60$
  3. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

I'd jump at GTA IV since I haven't played it yet, but I'm curious if the PC version is still as awful and buggy as it was at first.
  4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,327   +376

Geez...and here I thought I was done buying games for the year. Can't pass up those prices so time to buy myself (more) Christmas gifts. ;)
  5. kommunist

kommunist Newcomer, in training

There are some really good deals on Steam. Anyone who hasn't checked it out yet, should. Most likely there will be some game that will appeal to you and be super cheap.

Just picked up Ghostbusters and Mirrors Edge for $11. 'Nuff said.

Steam rules!
  6. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Wow, they really do have some great games. Gonna have to grab a few titles I missed over the last few years and give them a go. Nice that it's until January 3rd too so we have some time :) .

Edit: Was so excited I completely overlooked the daily deals :D. Time to get STALKER never got the chance to play it when it originally came out.
  7. KG363

KG363 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

$7.50 for GTAIV. I got it! It's taking FOREVER to DL, though
  8. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 574   +31

Wow. Now I really need to build my new computer. I'm running out of HD space XD!!! And my cpu (p4 3ghz) is getting kind of old for today's latest games. And I really don't have time to play all these games anyway, but oh well, a deal is a deal, and I will eventually play 'em all!
  9. skitzo_zac

skitzo_zac TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 459

I picked up GTA IV for $7.50 :D, bargain! I'm just glad this wasn't limited to US users like some of the steam sales have been.
  10. blimp01

blimp01 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 157

GTA4 for $7? DAMN i paid $60 for it last year lol
  11. and some people gets these all for free of torrents, shame on me :D

12. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 714   +28

In UK Braid is £1.79, GTA4 is £4.99 and KOTOR is £3.49.

Thats a bargain right there and now I've bought all 3 :)

I think I need to start saving in advance for these Steam Sales
  13. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

so cool, i bought indigo prophecy & Titan Quest gold, following others.

thank you techspot for the info.

cheers!
  14. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,035   +91

Really good prices! I've bought today Beyond Good and Evil, Medieval II: Total War, Evil Genius, Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood. These 4 games for under 10€. And i might buy other games too.
    Happy holidays to everyone!
  15. isamuelson

isamuelson Newcomer, in training Posts: 96

I picked up Dragon Age last night when it was still 25% off. I guess I should have gone for the Deluxe Edition which was priced at the normal edition price, but still, I didn't see any need for the "extras". Love the game so far.
  16. tomdotcom

tomdotcom Newcomer, in training

will have to take a lok at this, thanks!
  17. isamuelson

Last night I picked up Orange Box for less than $15. I wanted to get Team Fortress 2, Portal and HL2: EP2 and that was a steal!
  18. Timonius

Erm...Now I really have too many games to play. At least it didn't break the bank! HAHA! Thanks Steam! (Now if only that one game I really want drops in price).
  19. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,049   +84 Staff Member

What game is that, Timonius?
  20. Timonius

Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition, oh well, didn't happen. But it's still a deal.
  21. isamuelson

I'm sad to see this end, however my bank account isn't.

Here's a rundown of what I picked up over the sale:

Dragon Age
    Silent Hill Homecoming
    Jade Empire Special Edition
    Gun
    Atari 80-game pack
    Stalker Clear Sky
    The Orange Box

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.