TechSpot

Steam In-Game Issues

By Vancouverite
Apr 14, 2010
  1. So, for anyone familliar with Steam and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, i need some help.

When i installed CODMW2, it stopped my steam in-game friends, community, all that stuff from working. it stopped it for all my other games too. i tried looking aroung everywhere and i cant find a solution... it started to work once out of the blue but when i restarted the game it didnt work again. the same thing happened to my friend when he installed it too but now he has his working again and he didnt know what happeded either. im running XP and hes running win.7 so thats not the problem... HELP! i wana play with my friends but i cant! btw it is checked "on". im not a nub like that.

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,980   +362

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? If not, uninstall from Add and Remove Programs.

3. Vancouverite

Vancouverite TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 26

Yes, i tried that. Not only did i reinstall COD, i deleted ALL my steam games AND STEAM... and reinstalled only 2 games, COD and Grid. Took a very long time. Did Absolutly NOTHING. so pissed. :)

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,980   +362

Are all your Steam settings normal? Account in good standing according to Steam settings?

5. Vancouverite

Eveything is ok, and normal... Im stumped at whats wrong... ive looked at everthing that i know of...

6. Vancouverite

So i just installed the new BETA version of steam and my in-game is now working properly... i would still like to know why it happened in the first place incase it happens again, any comments would be apprieciated.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.