Steam logged over eight million concurrent users thanks to Summer Sale

By Shawn Knight
Jun 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Steam over the weekend achieved a new record for concurrent users at over eight million. That eclipses the previous record of around 7.5 million set during last year's holiday season according to a post originating from NeoGAF.

Read more
  2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

The summer sale was pretty dang good this year. Really nice deals.
    wastedkill likes this.
  3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

8million.. gosh pc gaming really is dying...

All these rumours that pc sales are slowing down due to pc gaming dying is like saying pigs cant fly due to winter lol

8million tho dang.... thats like what the current amount of WoW subs xD
    Jad Chaar likes this.
  4. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 699   +164

Really? Most of my friend's thought this year's sale sucked in comparison. Nearly all of the "deals" they had you could've already gotten months in advance on Steam or even Amazon and other retailers. Needless to say, everyone I knew was bummed out by this year's sale.
    Jad Chaar and Movatheaiur like this.
  5. Agreed, this sale wasn't the best.. I think I only bought 2 games!

Great to see PC gaming is still on the rise however.
  6. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,157   +195

Da** you steam. you took away my 100$ for one summer sale 2014 badge, one game badge, three levels up!, and some games I really wanted for a long time :)

it was my first time experiencing trading cards had it done with nice people who even gave me some free cards. in return, I also swapped my only foil card for practically nothing.
    I was locked out of steam market for seven days until july 1, 2014 due to 'new mode of payment, verification purposes'.
    this is my second year as a steam user.
  7. baN893

baN893 TS Enthusiast Posts: 83   +10

Same as other people, I was seriously disappointed by this years sale. Not sure what I expected, but I only bought nidhogg and a few Rome 2 DLC's. Other than that, I was not impressed by what was on sale considering last year I spent $150+ on the sale... I'm not sure if it was just a bad sale, or if I have accumulated most possible games I would ever consider playing in my 350+ games library :) Hope I am not the only one feeling this way.
  8. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

I agree. I didnt think this sale was anything special. I only spent 5 bucks on Turbo Dismount (which you should checkout if you havent. Its a funny game).
  9. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Haha I just spent a lot this year I guess xD
  10. Hexic

Hexic TS Addict Posts: 272   +127

This. ^
  11. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Evangelist Posts: 488   +123

Yeah the slaes weren't anything too extreme but they were all running concurrently, which I guess is nice. I usually Spend around $300 on steam sales (between steam sales anf fireworks fo the 4th I am usually broke all summer) But I only spent around $100 this year, deals were anything to make me crazy and I have a massive library to play through still.
  12. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

The only thing I've ever got from Steam was a 10 year membership badge.