Steam opens BioShock 2, Aliens vs. Predator preorders

By Matthew
Jan 21, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steam has opened pre-orders on the sequel to the widely popular survival horror FPS, BioShock. Slated for release on February 9, purchasing BioShock 2 now will score you a 10% discount that brings the price from $49.99 to $44.99, as well as a free copy of the original BioShock.

Read the whole story
  2. fwilliams

fwilliams Newcomer, in training Posts: 97

Just waiting for a native Linux client. There are probably no more than a couple of million of Linux users, so why would any one want to sell software to them.
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

I believe Steam is also offering Mass Effect 2 (regular and deluxe editions) for pre-order, but no special discounting or offers.
  4. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 708   +28

Play.com has a preorder on Aliens vs Predator of £17.99 compared to £24.99 on Steam. It doesnt come with Universe at War but it does come with 3 different heads.
  5. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,042   +84 Staff Member

Awesome, thanks for the heads up TomSEA and yukka.
  6. bioshock 2 what a laugh. its a rental. a limit of five installs.
    screw the customer just as long as we're not getting screwed by pirates.

whats the number of ppl not buying the rental vs.pirates?

by the way i couldn't register to techspot. after 3 tries my dumb, unpirating, non-hacker self says screw it, i'll just comment as guest.
  7. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,042   +84 Staff Member

What was the issue with registering? :) Let's get it sorted out.
  8. thanks matthew , i think its an unaccepted password(it didn't say), or it was an incorrect image verification. which i don't believe because at least your image ver. is legible, unlike most others, which is extremely frustrating. its ok i'll figure it out, i just got upset over download limits and it carried over :D.

UPDATE: 2k studios removed the install limits. its cd-check only but you need to be logged on to games for windows live "or whatevr" to save games etc.. so my line screw the customer just as long as we're not getting screwed still holds up.
  9. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,511   +308

@Guest, sorry for the trouble registering though as far as I know we are now having any issues with registrations. Feel free to email me julio at techspot dot.com for any further assistance.
  10. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

I posted this on the forum boards, but figured I'd post here too. Anyone interested in going in on the Bioshock 2 four-pack on Steam? For a single copy, it's $45. For the 4-pack, it ends up being $33 each and everyone gets a free copy of the original Bioshock. Anyone interested in saving 11 bucks?
  11. Steam is evil. Try googling "steam support" to see just how awful it is. I have Vista and Steam, and after 5 hours, I can't get Bioshock to work.

I tried calling Steam support. There is no number. I've now emailed 5 times with no response. It's not worth the 10%, Steam is not worth it!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.